Saturday, May 31, 2008

judy-ism


I mentioned Judy Tenuta in my last post - lo' and behold, an anonymous commenter replied that Judy is alive and well, performing in Denver this weekend. Too bad I'm nowhere close to Denver - I'd go. But if you are - here's her website

Location aside, I was glad to hear The Goddess is still making people laugh with her IUD. Call me stuck but I still quote lines from her appearance with Rodney Dangerfield (HBO special as I recall) back in the 80's (giving away my age now). One of the funniest shticks I've ever seen - still!

Seems I saw her again a few years later - the bit about mountain girls - that wasn't quite as funny. Of course, I did take some offense to that particular bit and, to be honest, that's the only part of the routine I remember. Because she pissed me off or because she wasn't that funny? Hard to say really. Anyway, I'm sure she meant no harm and I love her just the same. We're all fair game in the world of comedy, as well we should be, after all. But I seriously never heard a peep about her after that. You can't blame that on me - I have nothing to do with HBO programming. If I did, I'd have....running water and shoes... :-D

1 comment:

Kathryn Lybarger said...

The first time I saw her was on a special called Women of the Night - it was hosted by Martin Short, and also had Rita Rudner, Paula Poundstone, and Ellen Degeneres! I haven't seen it in years, but we still quote it all the time.