Tuesday, May 27, 2008

here's the deal

So far my vacation has consisted of a funeral for an errant uncle, grocery shopping, dinner at O'Charlies, digging up Rose of Sharon bushes, a massive allergy attack with a migraine that landed me in bed for 24 hours, another round of poison ivy, and total boredom. How sad is that you want to go back to work because you're too damn bored to stay home? This is what my life has been reduced to - boredom. There was a time when I couldn't be at home enough - there was so much to do, so much to create. Now I just feel completely overwhelmed, underpaid, over-taxed, undervalued, and basically....depressed. That's it - depressed. I've got to get a creative job or I'm gonna go off the deep end.

To make it worse, I voted my heart with Obama and have felt like a complete traitor to the female gender ever since. As if every woman who fought and suffered to earn me the right to vote was slapped upside the head, spat on, and called dirty names. Shit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted for Hillary. I also really like Obama. I couldn't find a clear policy reason to vote for one or the other so I based my vote on gender. Yip. My vote was cast for all the women who have been important in my life and for those who have worked tirelessly into the headwinds of sexism.

18 said...

that settles it - I am a traitor. I am going to hell for sure now. The kind of hell where I will be burned IN my bra while all the feminist women throw their burning bras at me, just to make the flames a little hotter.

Bunheadky said...

OK 18--- I am really confused. I thought reasons for all social movements was to allow the beneficiaries of said movement to choices that are available to the majority. Therefore in my mind you just exercised the choice granted you by the work of those who came before. Of course, several pundits have discussed that this Democratic primary season a test to see whether the D-Party is more racist or more sexist. Both of which hold the USA and the World back.

18 said...

Bright Bunhead, thanks for making a very good point (as you so often do - I've come to rely on you for that and much more)! There may be hope for me yet...following my heart is all I really have at the end of the day.

Alas, I'm afraid this primary season is a big reminder of how far we've yet to go - on both sexism and racism. Thank God Geraldine Ferraro and Rev. Jeremiah Wright aren't the majority of us - and God help us if they ever are.