Thursday, May 29, 2008

bummer

I'm bummed about Harvey Korman dying. I'll be way bummed when Carol Burnett dies. I'll be bummed when Tim Conway, Vicki Lowrance, and Lyle Wagner die, too. And Korman died just days after Dick Martin (Laugh-In) died! Is the universe cleaning house of comedians this week? Who's next - Goldie Hawn? Rita Rudner? Judy Tenuta? (Whatever happened to Judy Judy, BTW?)

Thank God Ellen DeGeneres and Eddie Izzard are still kicking or we'd be left with a host of mediocre comedians until we, too, die. OK, so, Mike Myers and Steve Martin are very funny and they're still alive....and Jamie Lee Curtis plays great comedy roles (when she's not screaming at men in masks with machetes)...and the world will never be totally over as long as John Cleese, Michael Palin, and Jennifer Saunders are still around - God bless 'em one and all, those witty Brits.

I still miss Lucille Ball and the Three Stooges. Corny but true. There's nothing better than a good physical comedy stint. In my next life I want to be a comedian. Well, actually, I want to be a meteorologist/storm chaser but....in the life after that I wanna be a comedian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy is alive and in Colorado this weekend she is always on tour and is working on her own project soon coming to the airwaves also new cd out

nice site yes we are not immortal only what we leave behind if you get that lucky in life..