Tuesday, February 5, 2008

phat tuesday

Mardis Gras - Fat Tuesday - Super Tuesday - voting, drinking, bribing, drinking, driving, drinking, food, food, food. The phat fact is, I'm not on vacation, my state is not part of the primary, the only thing I'm drinking is root beer, and what should be winter is more like a spring storm with winds and hail and lightening.

I think next year I'll make it a point to be doing something fun on Fat Tuesday even if it's calling in well and taking myself for a nice lunch somewhere.

Today's bastardization - Mr. Kopana - woe be to the charity that sends their beg-a-thon goods addressed as such! It's one thing to get the name wrong, it's something altogether worse to mistake the gender (did these people never go through business school?).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Mr. Kopana, you are not alone. I get plenty of mail addressed to "Mr. Yelton." These pieces of mail are invariably from those who offer an extended warranty for my car, or, perhaps I should say, Mr.Yelton's car. I gleefully shred them and place them in the recycling bin. Some other nisnomers include "Tracy," "Ms. Elton," and my all-time favorite, "Yeltsin." I wonder how many people called Boris "Mr. Yelton" and asked if he was Irish?

Becky Ryder said...

But you could be a college president because you have an interchangeable name.