Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"The" book



Yes, it's come to be know simply as "The" book. People are as sick of hearing me talk about it as I am of hearing myself talk about it. But finally, things are moving.

Well, they were.

Then I got a call from a friend who asked me to send the manuscript (now a completely designed book) to the University Press of Kentucky, ironically, the only publisher I had approached previously and the only to reject me. Granted, it was the nicest let-down I'd ever gotten but it was a "no thanks" just the same.

So, just how weird is it that they want to see the book some three years later when it's ready to be self-published? I'll keep you posted on just how weird weird really is.

2 comments:

Amour Noir said...

Wow... am I missing something? Is it a book of your photgraphy? I had to drop the photography class. Just too much on my plate. I'd really like to learn. Maybe you could show me some things one of these days? I also have this guitar I'm dying to learn too. Maybe somebody will teach me a thing or two on it too *hint hint*. lol If I haven't told you before... I'm so glad I met you!

18 said...

Indeed, it is a book of photography but it's much more than that. It is a kind of photo-journal of my time in the Thoroughbred Industry, just prior to working at UK. Stay tuned for more!

Too bad about the class. There's always next semester. I encourage you to take it up (if you can afford it - it's not a cheap hobby). I'll teach you what I know which, sadly, isn't much. I know much more about analog photography than digital.

Speaking of gtr, my pal Pete and I are gonna start virtual gtr lessons via Skype! (he'll be the teacher, of course) I'll let you know how it goes. Could be a nice, convenient approach.