Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a really bad day

the dog is fading fast. this morning she was panting and pacing as if this was the final day.

By 10:30 I'd gotten the following note from a stranger:

I'm a big fan of Stealin' Horses from way back. I love the music. I found you through Gregg's page. I'm still shocked over his passing. This is too awful. Be well, and may God comfort you in this time of loss...me, I'm still waiting.

My heart sank. He turned 44 just days ago. I still don't know what happened only that it was "unexpected and sudden".Gregg Fulkerson and his son Carter

Not more than 30 minutes later my mother called to tell me of my grandmother Terry's passing, a short 9 days after my grandfather Terry died. It's been a bad, bad day.

Hazel and Thornton Terry, 1983

3 comments:

Lori-Lyn said...

I'm really sorry, Kopana. Thinking about you and sending love...

Anonymous said...

Hey Kopana, I'm very, very sad. If there is anything in the world I can do to ease your pain, I'll do it. Anything, just tell me. tracy

18 said...

ya'll are soooooo sweet. Everything you needed to do, you just did.

The grandparents were married for 73 years. It's doubtful ya'll will live long enough to be together that long but here's hoping you're together for whatever length of time you're still here. As for them, their passing is a blessing because the suffering has ended. For her, it was especially bad so, I'm grateful for having had them for 44 years and that they're no longer suffering.

As for Gregg, I am completely, utterly heartbroken. here's a link to his MySpace account - http://www.myspace.com/wwwmyspacecomgreggfulkerson listen to "All the Way Home". It's a song he wrote for his son who makes an appearance at the end. I hadn't heard it until tonight. It'll wreck ya.