Thursday, March 20, 2008

maundy thursday

Love one another

That's the message Jesus gave the disciples not long before he was crucified and one that is often lost this time of year (just about any time of year actually), either because of the bunnies and eggs or the need to only observe the resurrection and be downright bizarre about it (there's just no other word for it that I can think of). For the last two weeks I've been blessed with people who have been really kind to me for one reason or another. From the stranger at the grocery to my co-workers to my family and friends far, far away. Each one has brought something generous to my table without provocation. And in those words and deeds of kindness have been lessons that I needed and that I am profoundly grateful for. Love one another. I hope I'm able to return it to one and all.

No comments: