Friday, February 15, 2008

everybody's working 4 the weekend

Ya know, years ago when I was playing covers (I'm talking the early 80's here), "Everybody's Working For The Weekend" was on the set list. Visions of rednecks drinking Bud out of a can streaming to the lake or some dive of a bar who just spent their entire week frothing at the mouth for Fridays. I just never much understood that sort of life, it seemed horribly pathetic somehow - that you do some menial job just to live a little on the weekend. Now that I work a "real" job, I understand it a little better but that doesn't mean I have to like it and it surely doesn't mean I have to get used to it.

I've learned a couple of important things this week:

1. Just because I have allergies doesn't make me useless
2. Just because I'm 10 years older than some of my co-workers doesn't make me slower (in some ways I'm actually faster than I was at their age)
3. I really need a vacation and not some 3 day weekend I pass off as a "break"
4. I'm uncomfortable with the way I look and it's pissing me off
5. I will never have another dog as long as I live - never, ever!
6. I love my house and I love spending time alone with it
7. I don't much think of myself as a photographer and neither does anyone else apparently
8. People who thought of me as a musician apparently still do (I guess that's something)
9. I really miss Oklahoma
10. I'm hyper even when I'm sitting still
11. I get bored much faster than I used to
12. I'm working for the weekend so I can work on all the things I don't have time to work on during the week
13. See #3
14. Did I mention I really miss Oklahoma?

2 comments:

2-PONY said...

Oklahoma really misses you... just so you know.. Oh, and did I mention that your place in the pasture is still there and waiting on you to bring the wine cow. Also... there is a smell of thunderstorms in the air.. always makes me think of you.
miss ya buddy..
A~

18 said...

...ahhhhhhhhh the wine cow........the thunderstorms.......that is living. I recommend everyone try it at least once in their lives. Everything I'm doing now is just to get me back to that!