Wednesday, January 30, 2008

everyone has a story

In the short time this blog has been in existence I've had nearly a half dozen people come to me with their "name" stories. Mis-heard names, mis-pronounced names, wrong names, really wrong names, you "name" it, one of us has had experience with it.

I encourage anyone who reads this to consider the bastardization of their names, or the same for those whom they love, and comment on them here. If you're reading this, you've got a story. I'd love to hear it and I'm sure others would, too.

P.S. blog entry concerning Blue 2.0 assignment in the not-too-distant future (I'm actually busy working at my job lately)

1 comment:

Kathryn Lybarger said...

The misspellings of my last name are too numerous to mention. We made a collage at one point of all of the misspellings we got in the postal mail. Lybanger, Lubaker, etc.

I had an advisor who spelled my name "Kethlyn", which I thought was pretty. I was impressed that he could always send me email to my address that had "kathryn" in it. Maybe he had an alias.